In addition to the items listed on the menu, cheese and ham sandwiches are available daily during the summer term as well.
We are having a few questions about voucher scheme for school meals. The vouchers are for children who are entitled to a Free School Meal. There are two types of meals which are free to parents but only one type will receive the vouchers.
Type 1. Universal Meal - these are free to all children in years R to 2. This is a scheme provided by the Government. You will not receive a voucher for these meals.
Type 2. Free School Meal (FSM)- these are free to people who have applied to Coventry City Council regardless of age. To receive a FSM you need to meet an item on the criteria list below.
- Income Support
- Jobseekers Allowance (income based)
- Employment and Support Allowance (income based)
- Guarantee Credit (the Guarantee element of State Pension Credit)
- Universal Credit (UC)
- Until 1 April 2018, all UC claims were eligible for free school meals, however,
- From 1 April 2018, UC claims will only be eligible for free school meals if the total net earned income is under £7,400 per year OR if the child was eligible for a free school meal on 01/04/18
- Where the child was eligible for a free school meal on 01 April 2018, they will remain entitled to a free school meal regardless of any change in parental income until they finish the phase of education they are in (primary or secondary) as at 31 March 2022
- Any child who becomes eligible for a free school meal between 01 April 2018 and 31 March 2022 will remain entitled to a free school meal regardless of any change in parental income until they finish the phase of education they are in (primary or secondary) as at 31 March 2022
- Support under part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have a total annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
If you meet this criteria you can apply to Coventry City Council. Upon receipt of FSM eligibility you will be entitled to the current voucher scheme. To apply you can follow the link below and complete the form. Please be sure to submit each child individually onto the form before submitting your application.
You can set up an account or click continue without an account to access the form.