Our School Menu
There are three types of meals which are free to parents/carers.
Type 1. Universal Meal - these are free to all children in years R, 1 and 2. This is a scheme provided by the Government.
Type 2. Free School Meal (FSM)- these are free to people who have applied to Coventry City Council regardless of age. The school will receive vital additional funding once your application has been approved, even if your child brings a lunch from home.
Your child will be able to get Free School Meals if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household earnings must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Any child who becomes eligible for Free School Meals between 1 April 2018 and 31 March 2025 will remain entitled to a Free School Meal regardless of any change in parental income until they finish the phase of education they are in (primary or secondary) as of 31 March 2025.
If you meet this criteria you can apply to Coventry City Council. Upon receipt of FSM eligibility you will be entitled to free meals from school regardless of age. To apply you can follow the link below and complete the form. Please be sure to submit each child individually onto the form before submitting your application.
If you need any assistance in completing the form please speak to the school office.
Until Coventry City Council confirm Free School Meals have been issued to your child, you must continue to pay for your child's school meals from years 3 - 6. School Meals are currently charged at £2.63 per day.
Type 3. Free School Meals – No recourse to public funds (NRPF)
Your child will be able to get Free School Meals if you fall into one of the following eligible groups
- Zambrano carers
- families who have no recourse to public funds with a right to remain in the UK on grounds of private and family life under Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights
- families receiving support under Section 17 of the Children Act 1989 who are also subject to a no recourse to public funds restriction
- a subset of failed asylum seekers supported under Section 4 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Chen carers
- families holding a BN(O) passport
- spousal visa holders
- work visa holders
- student visa holders
- those with no immigration status
You will also need to evidence that your annual household income is below
- £22,700 for families with 1 child
- £26,300 for families with 2 or more children
In addition to these thresholds, families must hold no more than £16,000 in capital and savings.
You can apply for FSM (with no recourse to public funds) using the same link above. Or alternatively, come and see us in the school office and we can help.